Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not so innocent

Where do they get this stuff? As Carson is transitioning to the toddler stage, I am realizing that all that talk about how sweet and innocent children are is only partially true. I don't ever remember losing my temper or biting or scratching. So where did he get this from? Today I took my Powerade bottle from him to have a drink. That is when he pounced! With rage is his eyes and screaming at the top of his lungs he lunged forward and clawed my face. How rude! What happened to my sweet little boy! I am not ready for this. I thought that they learned this behavior from other unruly children, or something like that. Apparently not so. Or if this is the case, it looks like Carson plans on being a model instuctor.

6 comments:

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

Oh NO Well I hope it gets better however from seeing my in-laws children grow up I think it's just something that happens to one and all children. GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THAT THOUGH.... I wish I had some advice for you. It will be over sooner than later though. They grow so fast.

Marisa said...

Yeah some of it they learn and some of it is just them testing what is and isn't appropriate. Laila is a pincher... she will pinch me all the time! I have found from the first two that instead of just saying the typical 'no' and time-out type stuff showing them what is okay helps. I take Laila's hand after she does that and run it gently over where she pinched me and say over and over again, "Nice hands." Then I let go and let her do it by herself. Sorry I wrote a novel... good luck!

Kim said...

NO... I just don't believe it. Sweet little Carson has an angry side??? I think he learned it from Ben. HAHA ; )

Brenda E said...

He was just calling like it is. Theif! How dare you be an Indian Giver and take the Powerade back. Remember he's innocent, your not. You go Carson! And take that mom! Whack a Doodle, as grandma used to say. Oh! that's when she pats his bum.

Jillian said...

Well put Brenda. Poor little guy was just defending himself. :)

Wes and Donna Stephenson said...

There goes that famous Latin temper for you. Now lets see if the "Latin Lover" stereotype also holds true! Grandpa S.