So I have to laugh now that I am married to Benjamin Juarez, because when I was first dating him he seemed to be so carefree. Too carefree. It was a good thing and a bad thing. He would snowboard/wakeboard ALL THE TIME. Which was a ton of fun, but there is a time to be serious too. Here he was, 26 years old and still working on his bachelors (a life-long part-time student it seemed). I remember wondering if he would ever get serious about finding a career that could support a family. BOY, WAS I WRONG. I have never known anyone as hard working as my husband. His dedication to family, work, church, and school amazes me daily. For the past year he has been doing full-time work and full-time school at UNLV and still managed to get straight As. His school counselor was amazed at his accomplishments as well, in which Ben added that in this last year we also built and sold a home, welcomed Carson to our lives, and that he recently started a new job! His counselor then asked how his relationship was with his wife. :)
It's a good thing to look back at what has been accomplished, because sometimes the future goal seems so far away. Currently, Ben is taking LSAT prep courses and will start his masters program next week (he is squeezing a 2 year masters into one). The plan is to then start law school next fall. He also needs to study for three safety accreditations that he wants by the end of next year. Does that seem like a lot to you or is it just me? Is this the same guy I started dating 4 years ago?
Five years of school and then we are done. Then I get my husband back. At least that's the plan. In the meantime, it is 9:50pm and instead of being with my hubby, I'm posting. :( I love Ben so much and amazingly enough, I don't feel "neglected". For what we are lacking in quantity of time, he makes up with quality. So, in celebrating what's been accomplished in the past, here's to the future...
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ben IS amaz-za-zing! And you are a great support. It has been fun visiting with you while Corey's studying for his CPA exam and Ben's at school. :)
Those Juarez boys are brilliant, I'm glad I snagged one of my own! I applaud you on your enthusiasm - keep that spirit up you might need to draw on that reserve one day. ;)
Jill, we knew that it would take an amazing man to be worthy of you. Ben is that amazing man. We look forward to seeing what is in store for your family.
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment