Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Shower and Bedding

Last week I had a small family baby shower. It was probably the best baby shower I have ever had hosted for me mostly because of its size. We all sat at a table and visited with one another. It was so nice. If I ever throw or recieve another shower, I think I will make it small. Sometimes there are so many people at the shower that you really do not get a chance to visit. I also LOVED the activity we did. We all made hair bows for my little girl while we visited at the table. I figured that everyone would make one bow, but we had so much fun that I think we made almost three a piece. It was also neat to see the creativity and talent that everyone had. Here are pictures of the big bows. We made some small ones too. You know, the kind that you glue on the baby's head.

Also, I finished my little girl's baby bedding. Well, I still have to go to the quilting shop to finish stitching up the quilt. I like how it turned out. I think that she will really like the bright colors. Now we just need a baby. I've got another month yet and I am hoping that she doesn't come early. She's a lot easier to take care of inside the womb. She can take all the time she needs.










13 comments:

Heather said...

The bedding is beautiful!!!! And the bows are so fun. I am feeling the same way. I want her to come because I am in pain all the time, but I want her to wait because 3 kids might kill me!!=)

Lauren said...

Jill!!!!! It is so weird to associate you with pink and frills because am so used to Carson and boy stuff at your house! But it's all DARLING! The bedding turn out so beautiful. I was thinking about sending you bows but it looks like you are set in that department!

I talked to Jessica about her little Lincoln yesterday and it has set me to missing all my girlfriends in Vegas. Hope your last month of pregnancy goes well (assuming you don't skip it again!:))

Unknown said...

I love the crib and the bows are super cute!!!

Allison Juarez said...

Or seven bows in my case...:) that was such a fun shower! And of course, I've already gushed to you about the bedding ;).

Allison Juarez said...

Oh, and if any of my sister's have baby girls one day, I am totally copying your babyshower!

Brenda E said...

I did not know when this shower was, but maybe it was supposed to be a very small group. Grandma TJ said you were having one on Sat., but she did not have details, but thought Nicole was throwing it and she didn't know about it. So I wondered if she was confused. I should have just called you. The bows turned out beautiful and the blanket also. What else do you need or want? Other than the baby to be born.

Molly and Jason said...

Jill- I am 100% impressed with your sewing skill! The bedding turned out Beautiful! And the bows are darling too. Can't wait to see her!

Jillian said...

Brenda - the shower was SUPER small. I only invited (just by phone) my sisters, sister-in-laws, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmas. I just didn't want to make a big fuss. Sorry I didn't call. I should have. It would have been so great to have your company. My little girl is very well taken care of. I think I have everything that I need.

Lauren said...

Jill!!!!!! Saw the news on Kim's facebook page! I'm not surprised you went early, but hope everything was okay! I can't wait to see pictures of the little sweetie! CONGRATS!

Nicole Cave said...

You are going to love haveing a girl. I am glad everything went well for you and the labor. Welcome little Katelyn!

Brigg and Dianne said...

LOVE the bedding!!! The bows party idea is so great, I'm going to remember that one. Congratulations on your new little one!

Brenda E said...

Pictures we need to see them of her, you and the family altogether. Where's the baby in the hand one? It was good to see you last night.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Wow, that bedding is just gorgeous! And who doesn't love girly hair bows???