Friday, August 27, 2010

Love it here!

I really am liking Granby, CT. It is a great place to live. Sorry I'm the same old Jill and not very good at posting. Here's a very quick update... My family visited a few weeks ago and we had a lot of fun. We went to Cape Cod and Boston. Kim, Ben, and dad went to NYC. Kate had her birthday August 11th. She is one year old! Carson is potty trained! I had held it off long enough. Carson starts Joy School and preschool in a few weeks. Ben is really liking his job and we love our new home, we are finally settled in. I am also serving as second counselor in the YW. It's a great calling. People here are super nice and although we live a bit far from each other, I do have friends. yay!

Carson kissing Kate, whether she likes it or not.


This pond is 6 minutes from my house in a beautiful nature preserve. We couldn't go any further on the trail because there was a mama bear with her cubs.


Grandpa just off the airplane and happy to see his grandkids.


Kim teaching Kate how to shop.


I just love that face!


And this one too!


Mom bravely going down the slide with Carson at the fair. Carson didn't seem scared at all.


Watching the fireman's parade in nearby Hartland. The parade is a huge deal for this small town.


Carson's favorite ride at the fair.


Kate waiting with mom for the parade to start. It was a beautiful day.


Kate trying to get to the water in Cape Cod. She loved the ocean!


She couldn't be happier.

6 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome!! What a beautiful place. Good for you being so brave and trying something so new! Your kids have gotten so big and your little girl is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Your family is adorable. I'm glad you got some visits too! It is beautiful there.

Mary Stuart said...

So glad to hear from you! I am happy to hear you are liking it there and have made some friends:) Your kids are so yummy!

Linda said...

Jillian! Carson and Kate are getting big! It wasn't that long ago that I saw you last was it? They are beautiful! I am happy to hear all is well!

Lori said...

Jill, your kids are SO cute!!! We miss you guys over here, but Connecticut looks beautiful. I don't know if you know this, but I VT Kim ... and when I saw you guys 'skyping'/'video-chatting' a few weeks ago, i was so inspired that we finally got ourselves hooked up and skype with our family up in seattle all the time now. Thanks for that little push. =) You guys take care!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see CARSON in January!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post more pictures SOON!