Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moving to Connecticut

Has it really been 4 months since my last post?! Well, for those of you who have not heard, we are indeed moving to Connecticut. Ben accepted a great job position in Windsor, CT (near Hartford). He is already there working. It is hard being apart, but we hope to be together just as soon as we can figure out a place to live. I am going to miss everyone. I have only visited the east coast once before, but I have to tell you, after doing a lot of research and a visit to CT myself, I am actually very excited to make this move. It is GORGEOUS there! Green, lots of trees, hills, rivers, creeks, and the cutest little towns you can imagine. The school ratings are very high, and everyone there has been so nice. Ben was excited to learn that although they are not large resorts, there are quite a few ski/snowboard resorts within an hours drive of where we'll be living.
I really feel the Lords hand in this and I know that this move is going to be a really good thing for our family.


Cute hat from aunt Lindsay.



Carson being spoiled by his aunts Rachel and Audrey in Cedar City.


No need to bring a pack n' play!


Kate making herself comfortable after a long flight to CT.



Ben and Kate riding the Subway. We were stuck in New York City, so we took the subway to Manhattan to look at the sights.


Picture at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


Carson enjoying some mommy time after a thorough licking of the beaters.


Out with friends to see Phantom of the Opera. So sad to be leaving such a great group of friends.

11 comments:

Tristan said...

Babies change so much in 4 months. I can't believe how big and cute Kate is! It's fun to see pictures of your family again. Good luck in Connecticut!

Allison Juarez said...

Kate is sooooo cute! I just want to hug her! Is she feeling any better? monday is crazy for us, but if you are doing ok on tuesday, perhaps we can get together.

Mary Stuart said...

That is great news for you guys! I am totally jealous! I will have to come visit. Good luck with everything and please let me know if you need any help watching your kids and packing!!!!

DaNae said...

Wow! I think you will love it back east. Everyone is just packing up and leaving. Good luck with the move and finding a new place. What are you going to do with your vegas house?

Lauren said...

What beautiful children you have Jill!! I love the suitcase idea.

I am so happy for you guys! My sister-in-law lives near Hartford and she swears it is the best place to live on earth. I hope you guys just love it. I am glad I get to see you one more time before you go so far away--speaking of which, I need to call you back! :)

Nicole Cave said...

Kim had told me awhile back that you guys were probablly going to be moving. I hope everything goes well...it sounds like it is. Your little one is getting big so fast. I saw you running this morning. Talk to you soon.

Andrus Family said...

That's exciting Jill, good luck! So no more law school plans?

Jessica said...

That is awesome:) Hope everything goes really well for you guys and have fun on your new adventure!

Linda said...

Be sure to come home lots! I am very excited for you. It'll be a good experience I am sure! If you need help, be sure to let me know as well. I can pack, watch kids, run errands, whatever...

Parley and Katie Call said...

BEst of luck Jill! We'll miss you. I hope we'll see you from time to time. I have no doubts you will do great in CT. It is beautiful and will be a great adventure for you guys! Good luck with the move.

Brenda E said...

You will love the east coast. I think the biggest differences tend to be no late night run for groceries, the weather, Air conditioning is not something they believe in. It's called ceiling or box fans, or those ones that fit in the windows. The humidity is unreal. You will get out of the shower and dry off and still feel wet. Gratefully it only lasts about 3 months. The history and sites are incredible. The hiking and trails were great as well. I used to go to a national park called Ricketts Glen National Park in Northern PA. It had waterfalls all throughout it. and a lake at the top of the climb. The beauty of the change of seasons is awesome! Take lots of pictures. For me while I was serving my mission the buildings we met in were generally about a 45 minutes drive. That was typical. And most of the wards were branches with the building that were built in phases. Or we met in buildings downtown, or one that was a funeral home at one time. Your piano skills may be greatly desired and you just may be the only one that can play. A forewarning sometimes in small towns rumors get spread and people maybe offended easily. Apologize quickly and love as Jesus does. And know that you can't satisfy everyone all the time. I feel bad I did not get to give you a huge hug and say a proper goodbye. I do look forward to checking this blog for updates on your life. Love, Brenda PS I know this is long.