Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Katelyn Juarez

So Tuesday, August 11th, Katelyn Guadalupe Juarez was born. 4:17am. 7 lbs. 4 oz. Her due date was September 3rd, so she was quite early. I started getting contractions Monday afternoon. I went into the hospital with mild but regular contractions around 5:30pm. My cervix did not dialate within two hours, so they sent me home. My contractions increased from 5 minutes apart to 1 1/2 to 3 minutes apart while in the hospital, but since I was so early (not yet 37 weeks) there was nothing that they could do. So... I waited at home and my contractions started getting stronger and closer together. Finally at 2:00am, Ben and I drove back to the hospital, I was dialated to a 5, and Katelyn was born two hours later. We are so happy. Katelyn is beautiful and healthy. I worried that I would deliver early again and that there might be health concerns, but she is perfect.

Here are some pics of our new baby girl, plus some photos of Carson enjoying his time being spoiled by his aunts.














14 comments:

DaNae said...

she is so cute and look at all that hair. It looks like you are both doing well and Carson looks adorable with that chocolate face.

Mary said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I am so happy that everything went well!

Tristan said...

WOW! All that hair! She is beautiful. Congratulations!!!

Andrus Family said...

Oh Jill, she is a doll! I love all that hair - she probably already has more hair than my Millie does! Hope you're handling 2 kids better than I am....this is hard!!

Brenda E said...

I love her hair all sticking up. She is so beautiful. Carson is hillarious with the chocolate and looks like shaving cream head. I love the 2nd picture from the bottom. His smile is soooo precious.

Katie and Eric said...

Congrats! Katelyn is so cute and you look great. We are so happy for you.

Jessica said...

She is so sweet and I love her hair!

Marisa said...

Oh good job Miss Jilly! How fun is all the dresses and bows? She has beautiful hair... get a pic of her and Carson posted! Is he loving being a big brother?

Tricia G said...

She is just beautiful! Carson looks like he had fun with that chocolate cake! I would never believe that he doesn't eat by looking at the picture! He is just devouring it!

Summers Family said...

Congratulations!!! I too love the hair, I wish she could share some with Addie. You both look great!

Nicole Cave said...

I definately love her hair. Did Carson have that much? I don't remember. I would like to get together and see what your hair bows are like. I am gong to have a table to make some for Jessica's baby at her shower.

Sherri said...

She looks perfect! Such a doll!
Sherri M

Britt and Rick said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful! Carson is getting soo big!

Parley and Katie Call said...

She is a beautiful baby. And i keep forgetting to tell you, thanks for the cookies. :)