Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a Girl!!

It was like Christmas for me today, being able to find out the sex of our baby. I was also shocked to hear it was a girl. I wanted a boy so bad, I didn't even allow myself to consider it being a girl. But, a girl it is. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. I purchased a cute little dress from the Gap today. It's a cute Hispanic looking one. We had fun. Ben took the day off, which was really nice. Ben is excited. He is already calling her Guadalupe. (Ben LOVES the name Guadalupe and I feel exactly the opposite about it. It is his grandmother's name. It has been negotiated down to a middle name, but that still doesn't sit well with me). We'll see what she ends up with. As far as first names go, we have no idea. I don't know how to scan in the ultrasound pics, but I do have some recent pics of my cute little boy.
A quick update on Carson. He starts nursery next week. I am definately looking forward to that. I think both Carson and I will enjoy that. He is learning new words and loves bringing me books to read to him. He loves anything and everything that has a motor. He also is very generous with his kisses. If he likes a toy, he kisses it. He's my sweet little boy and I love being his mom SOOO much!




15 comments:

Mary Stuart said...

A girl! How fun!

Marisa said...

Yeah!!! You should put a pic up of the official first dress!!!

Tammy said...

Bob and I are so happy for you guys. Bob was with your Mom today when you called and I talked to her soon after. She is soooo excited to buy girl clothes. Now she and you guys will have a boy AND girl. Congratulations!

amyagearindmd said...

Congrats Jillian...I can wait to see little Guad! She will have the most mexican name everand probably look so white and fair..Grayson and I are very excited for you and Ben and Carson!

Katie and Eric said...

Congrats! You will love having a girl.

Brenda E said...

I love the bath pictures. Carson is such a cutie. Congratulations on the girl. You will love it. They are very different than boys. I thought it would be cool to have 2 each so they could buddy up and play together. I felt the same about the name Elizabeth. We used it as a middle name. I actually like it for a middle name now. I wasn't thrilled about it though.

Andrus Family said...

A little girl, how fun! I think you had the same feelings I had when we found out it was a boy! But on the bright side it's nice to at least have one of each, right? Can't wait to see her!

Jessica said...

Very exciting for you both! Girls rock!

aubry. said...

jill... congratulations! my mom has seriously strong feelings about little girls.

check this out:

http://justlikemarypoppins.blogspot.com/2008/10/girl-babies.html

tell ben you can't have an all american "carson" and a little latina "guadalupe". it doesn't work like that. and if he wants to go for grandma's names... tell him cathy is always available. :)

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your little girl!!! I think it's great having one of each. I'm having a boy in July. (my first) and I hope that my next is a girl. That's just perfect.

Your little boy is soooo... adorable by the way. Love the photos.

Heather said...

Congrats on the girl!! I love having one of each. So fun.

Allison Juarez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brigg and Dianne said...

Adorable pics of your little guy!!! Congratulations on a girl! How fun, no matter what you have after this, you'll at least have both genders. Good luck with the name issue, I don't think I like the name suggestion much either.

Tammy said...

Jill, congratulation on the girl news! I don't know if you heard but my son Ryan and his wife Christy just had twins (boy & girl) 17 weeks early this past Sunday. It doesn't seem that long ago that you all were still at home and didn't have anyone to worry about but yourselves. Life changes so quickly and I am so glad that you and Ben found each other. I can't wait to meet your new little one when she arrives.

Nicole Cave said...

Yeah....I am actually glad you are having a girl. I thought you might be by the way you were feeling.