Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My boys have left me

Sorry I haven't done any updates for over a month. Between work, taking care of Carson, trying to train for a half marathon (which for the most part is not happening) and trying to be somewhat of a decent wife, taking the time to update my blog just hasn't happened. Tonight is my first night without my little boy. My sister, Kim, who usually watches Carson on Thursdays, went up to Utah. I thought grandma and grandpa Stephenson and aunt Rachel and Audrey would love to have a day with Carson, so I agreed to let her take him with her. I can't believe how hard it is to not have him for just one day! What's worse, Ben left on a business trip to CA this morning and won't be back 'til Friday night. I miss my boys! Ben, is pretty much the greatest guy I have ever met. For those of you who don't know my husband, one of these days I'll have to fill you in. And then there is Carson, who is the perfect baby. He is always (mostly) so happy and sweet. Lately, he is trying to talk. He talks to us, to his blanket, his toys... it's really funny. PLUS, we discovered he is VERY ticklish. :) He's growing sooo fast!!!

2 comments:

Tricia G said...

That is so sad! Take advantage of the time alone though. Go shopping without a stroller, take a nap without listening to a baby monitor, eat while your food it hot! I would like to say that I would love to do those things without Carter, but I love them more when he's there! I feel for you.

Britt and Rick said...

Yup, I never thought it would be wierd to be alone!!